Chilli Garlic Noodles is a tasty, easy-to-make Chinese noodles recipe where cooked noodles are stir-fried with a spicy chili paste, burnt garlic, and veggies. You may add any protein of your choice like eggs, chicken, shrimp, lamb, or beef.
Chilli Garlic Noodles is a simple yet flavorful noodle recipe that is one of the most ordered and popular Chinese takeout dishes. It is quite easy to make at home and is versatile because you can add ingredients of your choice.
I have made vegetable noodles here. But you can add any protein of your choice too.
For making any stir-fries or Chinese foods, I make sure that all the ingredients are prepped in advance. I chop all the vegetables, peel and crush the garlic, keep all the sauces and garnishes in handy, and sometimes the utensils too. Once you have all the ingredients in place, stir-fries take less than 15 minutes to prepare.
For making Chili Garlic Noodles, we need lots of garlic and moderate amount of chilies. The delicious flavor of garlic and chilies together with the sauces gives the required amount of heat to the dish.
That said, always adjust the number of chilies you add to any dish according to your taste or to who you serve the dish. Needless to say, you may reduce the amount of dry red chilies if you are serving this noodles to kids.
Chilli Garlic Noodles are
- easy to make
- perfect weeknight dinner
- perfect for sudden Chinese food cravings
I am a fried rice kinda girl and I often make my easy Chicken Fried Rice at home. But ever since I joined my parents last year, mom has been asking me to prepare noodles a lot because that’s her favorite. I made Veg Chowmein and it was an instant hit. That’s why I decided to try another popular noodles recipe and share it with you all.
As the name of the dish suggests, this dish has strong flavors of chilli and garlic. I love the sharp and pungent garlic flavor in all my dishes. So, this noodles recipe was just perfect for me.
Ingredients for Making Spicy Garlic Noodles
- Noodles: I have used egg noodles here. But you may use any noodles of your choice – Hakka, or even the regular Maggi or Ramen noodles without the seasoning packet.
- Chillies and Garlic: To make Chili Garlic Noodles, we need to make a chili paste by soaking few dry red chilies in hot water and then making a paste out of it by grinding. We also need about 8 large garlic cloves.
- Vegetables: This noodles call for a handful of vegetables. You may choose to add any, all, or other veggies of your choice too. I have used green, red, and yellow capsicum, and some carrots. You may add broccoli, mushrooms, bok choy, beans, peas, etc.
- Sauces and Seasonings: Soy sauce, Rice vinegar, Pepper, and Salt are other major flavorings. Soy sauce gives the required umami flavor to the dish. But you can take it a notch up higher by adding a dash of fish sauce too.
Making Asian Garlic Noodles
- Cook the noodles according to the instructions on the packet. I’d still cook it only until 75 percent done or until the noodles are separated.
- Drain and immediately rinse in cold water. Add a tablespoon of oil and gently mix. This will make sure that the noodles strands don’t cook further and stick to each other. Keep aside.
- Soak 4-5 dry red chilies in hot water for 5 minutes. Once done, grind to make a paste.
- To a pan, add sesame oil. Once hot, add finely chopped garlic. Saute until brown.
- Turn the heat to low and add the ground chilies. This is the chili paste. You may use a teaspoon or all of the chili paste for this recipe. Adjust the spice level according to your taste. Mix well.
- To this, add the chopped vegetables. Saute for a minute.
- Add the sauces and seasonings. Mix well.
- Add the noodles and gently mix with the help of a tong. Cook for a minute more.
- Garnish with spring onion greens and serve with a favorite side of your choice.
Chilli Garlic Noodles
Like this recipe? Pin it!
I’m participating in #AtoZChallenge and #BlogchatterAtoZ where I’ll be sharing 26 Easy Recipes with you this April. I’m dedicating the posts to the amazing community members who helped me figure out this theme for the challenge. Thank you!
Did you make this recipe? Leave your feedback in the comments below 💻 and please give it a recipe star rating (found just above the comment section and on the recipe card) ⭐️! It would make a world of difference! 💝