Biscuit cake in cooker made using biscuits and few other simple ingredients which is a very quick cake that can be done with few ingredients and it is ready.
Other simple dessert recipes or cake recipes on the blog are pressure cooker cake recipe, rava cake in cooker, eggless vanilla cake, vanilla sponge cake recipe, eggless cake recipe in cooker, chocolate cake in cooker ….
How to make biscuit cake?
The most important ingredient here is biscuits and one can use any kind of biscuit such as oreo, bourbon, parle g, happy happy, hide n seek or any biscuit which has chocolate flavor as that gives a good flavor to the cake.
Here I have made use of oreo biscuits to make the biscuit cake but any biscuit can be replaced and the recipe remains the same.
The rest of the ingredients that go into making the cake are baking powder, milk and sugar and just with these simple ingredients cake turns out amazing.
Why should we prefer a biscuit cake?
Biscuit cake is easy to make and a normal cake needs many ingredients to make the batter and most of the biscuits already contain all those ingredients as they are made with flour, chocolate or cocoa and taste good too.
Therefore, instead of adding many ingredients a packet of biscuit would be enough to make this simple and easy cake and can be baked in 35 to 40 minutes in cooker or can be done without oven.
One main ingredient:
To make this easy cake in cooker, the main ingredient would be baking powder as this would help the cake to puff up and become spongy and helps to bake the cake well.
If baking powder is not available, then eno works as a good substitute to make any biscuit cake in place of baking powder.
Other main ingredients are milk and sugar and sugar should be adjusted as per the biscuit taste as there is already some sweet taste in them.
The adding of sugar is mandatory and cannot be skipped as the cake tastes sugarless if it is skipped.
Milk is added to give a good thick liquid consistency to the cake batter and this is so far the easiest cake made on the blog.
Tips for a good biscuit cake:
- The biscuits whichever are used have to be crushed finely and powdered well.
- Use a grinder to make a powder of the biscuits.
- If the biscuits used are cream biscuits, they can be crushed directly with the cream on them.
- Using baking powder or eno (fruit salt) is essential for the cake to bake well and appear spongy.
- Bake time of 35 to 40 minutes on medium to low flame is essential for it to bake well.
- Do not open the cooker lid often to check the cake as the cake may not bake well and does not puff up if opened often to check.
- Just check once or twice with a tooth pick and as soon as the tooth pick comes out clean remove the cake and switch off the flame.
- Over baking the cake makes the cake dry.
- If the cake should be moist then baking it exactly keeps the cake moist and not dry.
- Over cooking makes it dry.
- Sugar should be adjusted according to the biscuits sweet content.
- The color of the cake mainly depends on the biscuits we use.
- I have used oreo and it appears black and if brown biscuits are used it appears chocolate brown in color.
- Chocolate syrup can be used as the icing on this cake.
Making the cake in cooker:
- The procedure to make the cake in cooker as well as in a wok/cooking pot is the same.
- While making without oven, just close the cooking vessel with a lid and wait until the cake bakes well.
- If making in pressure cooker, just make sure to remove the vessel after putting on the lid.
- Salt or sand can be used as the base in order to prevent the pan from burning at the bottom.
- A steel stand too can be used to avoid the pan touching directly to the base of the cooker.
Below is the recipe to make the cake and also a video too is added below…
Do check them out and enjoy the yummy cake!!!
Video to make oreo cake in cooker:
How to make biscuit cake in cooker:
biscuit cake in cooker, oreo cake in cooker
A simple cake using biscuits in pressure cooker.
- 35 oreo biscuits (any biscuit variety can be used)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup milk
Greasing the cake pan:
Take a cake pan, brush oil all over the cake pan.
Place a butter paper at the bottom of the pan.
Preheating the cooker:
Take a pressure cooker, add salt/sand at the base, place a stand on it and close the cooker lid.
Pre heat the cooker on medium flame for 10 minutes.
Making cake batter:
Add biscuits into a grinding jar and grind/crush them into a fine powder.
Take a mixing bowl, add the crushed biscuits.
Add baking powder and sugar into it.
Mix all the ingredients well.
Add milk gradually and keep mixing the batter.
It takes about 1 full cup of milk to get a batter of good consistency.
Mix the batter well without lumps.
Pour the batter into the cake pan.
Tap the cake pan twice or thrice.
Remove the cooker lid and place the cake pan on the stand.
Close the cooker lid, remove the whistle and bake on low flame for 35-40 minutes.
Check the cake and if the batter sticks to the toothpick, bake until the cake is done.
If the tooth pick comes out clean switch off the flame and take the pan out.
Allow the cake to cool down.
Loosen the sides of the cake.
Invert the pan and de mould the cake carefully.
Apply chocolate spread or melted chocolate or chocolate syrup and enjoy!!!
Calories: 400kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 265mg | Potassium: 161mg | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 198IU | Calcium: 255mg | Iron: 1mg